Prodigy Roofing has helped countless of homeowners with hail damage claims. We have seen firsthand the consequences of failing to act appropriately after such incidents. Prodigy Roofing has put together a few Do’s and Don’t for our customers to follow and help along the process.
1) Do contact both your insurance company and a reputable roofing contractor as soon as the damage has occurred. Hail can be very destructive to the integrity of your roof. Contacting your roofing expert sooner than later is a good idea. In a highly affected area, you are not the only one who is in need of a roofing contractor. It’s first come, first serve if you will. At this time, it is a good time to take pictures of the damage to share with your insurance provider.
2) Do arrange a meeting between yourself, roofer, and insurance adjuster so you can all communicate and proceed quickly with your claim. This is the time to show the adjuster the photos your roofer took to document the recent damage. This will support your insurance claim if the adjuster has a different opinion on your roof’s condition.
3) Do Have your homeowner’s insurance policy handy so you understand what you are entitled to.
4) Do know your manufacturer’s warranty.
5) Do Not, sign with the first company that comes knocking on your door. It is wise to get at least three estimates.
6) Do Not, accept your adjuster first offer if it does not cover the scope of all the work and materials.
7) Do Not, feel obliged to use the contractor referred to you by the insurance agency. Oftentimes, their motivation is to complete the work as cheaply as possible, slighting the homeowner through subpar materials and shortcuts. Hiring your own contractor means that their incentive is to satisfy you over your insurance company.
If you find yourself in need of a new roof due to hail damage, Prodigy Roofing can walk you through the process step-by-step and assure you are getting the most out of your insurance policy. Prodigy Roofing provides 100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed, so you have the peace of mind that your new roof will be installed properly and with quality products.